Saturday, October 07, 2006

rainy saturday with too much coding

Hello Sorsdahl art fans,
Buy at Art.com
Lean on Me...Church of De...
Blue Sorsdahl Phase
20x24 Repri...
Buy From Art.com
Well I dont know how often I'll be posting on here, but people have always said its good to just write as many people are interested in what an artist does. Fact is, most days are just boring like many others. Since the breakup I have had many things that have been neglected and many other things I had wanted to do but never had the time. I have always wanted an ability to Zoom into a painting posted online to be able to "see the detail". The problem is most peoples internet connection isnt good enough to download a large file and I didnt want my auction ads to slow down too much. I had worked on a scaling jpeg and was planning on using that, but even that wasnt perfect. Vendio services had a scaling ability but wanted to charge quite a bit for the flash zoom capability. I must have spent the better part of a week learning code and searching the web before finally stumbling upon a flash zoom program I could use. I'll post a sample of it in one of my other posts. I had to find a better web host to house the larger picture sizes and have spent the past 2 days moving my pictures over and editing my ebay ads. What a pain and a lot of work. The good news is its all done and all my ads have been set to the same standard layout design. In fact while searching for zoom code I managed to find a filmloop that does the same thing as what I used to use for my vendio scrolling list of artwork. Its now placed at the bottom of the blog and my ebay ads. The filmloop doesnt work 100% right now because its reading some links to my art from the "old site". It will likely take a week or so to get refreshed to the new site. I bet a lot of people who even take family photos to post online could use this filmloop. I'm burt out from doing all the coding and there is a painting I'm almost finished which I plan to work on this evening. Its 11:40pm saturday...its likely going to be another late night. LOL Oh the painting listed above "lean on me church" is a wonderful church located right along the riverbank of Saskatoon. At nighttime it always stands out and looks fantastic with clock lit up and the fasll leaves and all. I put it up here so people could buy a print. If you would like to make an offer on the original work, please do so here; Click here to place an offer for the work

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your work is SO amazing. It's so vibrant and beautiful. I'm definitely going to be looking you up when I need artwork for my house!

9:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,
I'm an aspiring new artist, and your work had truly inspired me, I love your style.
Greetings! All the best!
P.S. Check out my blog, with some of my art!

7:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home