Monday, July 04, 2005

Manitou Beach

This weekend I took some time off to relax. I never really knew before that we have a high mineral spa located only 1 hr away from where I live. The salt content of the water is so high when you get into the deep end your feet literally lift up into the water. There is no way you can sink. In fact standing upright in the water you get this feeling of complete weightlessness, so much so it is easy for your legs to float to the surface so that you are lying on your back. I have never been a great swimmer, so I think that Manitou springs is a great place to go to enjoy the water. There is also a heated side in which you are only supposed to soak for 20 minutes at a time. The water is like a brown ale because of all the minerals. I'm wondering how many places actually have a place like this besides the dead sea area. The lake itself, you can also float on...the water is much clearer, but the salt content is lower. I had a great time suntanning and enjoying the beach.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home